Working from her Gallery Studio In O’Connell St, Limerick where she paints daily, and runs inspiring workshops for aspiring artists.
Annemarie is originally from Killaloe, where she spent her childhood on the shores of Lough Derg, sketching and painting, and as a result she has a wonderful empathy for the Irish landscape.
She paints in watercolour, oil, and pastel, and covers a huge range of subject matter ie, landscapes, seascapes, flowers, and still-life. and portraits.
“I am interested in capturing the effects of light on any subject, from something as simple as a cup, to the great panoramic seascape, and in creating atmospheric renditions of familiar places and things. The subject will dictate to me what medium I should use to best capture it in a visually interesting way.”
Annemarie began her professional career in 1995 and has exhibited widely in both Ireland and France.
She is also a popular tutor both at home and abroad.
She travels extensively throughout Europe painting on location, capturing the essence of the place, in her own inimitable style.
Annemarie has had many successful exhibitions both at home and abroad, and her work can be found in many corporate and private collections worldwide.
- 2002 – 2004 Chairperson, Limerick Art Society
- 2004 – 2006 P.R.O. Limerick Art Society
- 2006 – 2010 Director, Gallery 75 Limerick
- 2002 – P.A. – S.A.A. London
- 2012 – Jury panel member, International Watercolour Society
- 2012 – 12/12/12 Collection, University of Limerick Art Collection
- 2016 – Ireland on Canvas Exhibition
- 2017 – A floral collection, Exhibition
- 2019 – Wild Atlantic, Exhibition
- 2019 – Watercolour Masters Member.